From Dingoonity Wiki
The first Dingux Kernel
- boukichi's kernel with poweroff + rtc (no updates anymore)
- Stephanie's kernel for Dingoo A330 with support for 64MB RAM. (no updates anymore)
To be able to use the A330's 64MB of RAM, you must also install Stephanie's boot loader.
- uli's kernel with tvout (i2c + fbcon patch) + poweroff (lack of rtc) (only a testkernel for tvout)
- Menelkir's Kernel with poweroff + rtc + swap (no updates anymore)
- SiENcE's kernel (based on boukichi's kernel)
- 0) Kernel for A330 included (64MB supported)
- 1) RTC (already in boukichi's kernel)
- 2) PowerOff (already in boukichi's kernel)
- 3) Safe Reset (Start+Select+PowerButton Up) (already in boukichi's kernel)
- 4) hold key as SDLK_PAUSE to not lose the compatiblity with some games (already in boukichi's kernel)
- 5) TVout support (i2c + fbcon patch)
- 6) Swap file support
- 7) and future Virtual Mouse support
- Kernel Options:
- set mouse screen area to 320x240
To boot Dingux, a boot loader is required.
USB Boot Loader
A file named "hwinit.bin" can be uploaded with the usbtool utility when the Dingoo is in USB boot mode (reset + B). This file initializes the hardware so that a second upload with usbtool can boot a Linux kernel. It is used as the first stage of a dual boot installer, but can also be used to boot Linux directly.
BouKiCHi made an updated version of this file that supports more Dingoo models and shows a Dingux logo, which is useful feedback to demonstrate the initialization worked. See the release announcement for info and download link. If you have trouble installing a dual boot loader, please try this version of hwinit.bin.
Dual Boot Installers
Dual boot refers to a boot loader that can boot either Dingux (Linux) or the Dingoo's native OS (uC/OS-II). There are different variations, but they are all based on booboo's port of U-Boot. The boot loader is installed on the NAND flash inside the Dingoo. booboo explains the boot process on his wiki.
booboo's Dual Boot Loader
BouKiCHi's Dual Boot Loader
BouKiCHi modified booboo's boot loader to include an option to boot Dingux by default. It can be found on BouKiCHi's Dingoo site.
Stephanie's Dual Boot Loader
Stephanie modified booboo's boot loader to initialize the SDRAM controller of the Dingoo A330 such that all 64MB is usable. Note that you also need a kernel compiled for 64MB RAM. See the release announcement on Dingoonity.
Howto use SWAP
- You need a kernel with swap support.
- If your rootfs does not automatically mount swap, you have todo it manually via USB-Telnet session.
- Create a 30mb file, name it ".swap" and place it in the root of your SD-Card.
- Login via Telnet and type:
Turn SWAP ON:
Take a look if everything works:
Turn SWAP OFF: